Join now - be part of our community!

Need XP drivers for modem on Sony Vaio VGN-TT11WN

henry_UK
Visitor

Need XP drivers for modem on Sony Vaio VGN-TT11WN

:slight_smile: Morning,

Please help me - I need the modem drivers for my new Vaio.
I am running Windows XP SP2 - I have downgraded and installed all the drivers from the website except the modem drivers?

My modem is not listed as unknown hardware nor installed - I am unable to detect any phone sim cards in my modem

Please help! I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks...Blue

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi henry_UK and welcome to Club Vaio.

Are you looking for the Conexant telephone land-line modem driver or the Option WWAN 3G Cellular Modem driver?

The first should be in the XP Downgrade Drivers Pack and the second in the XP Downgrade Utilities Pack

:wink:

henry_UK
Visitor

Are you looking for the Conexant telephone land-line modem driver or the Option WWAN 3G Cellular Modem driver?

The first should be in the XP Downgrade Drivers Pack and the second in the XP Downgrade Utilities Pack

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for the build-in "modem" where you insert a mobile sim card?

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks allot!

henry_UK
Visitor

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for the build-in "modem" where you insert a mobile sim card?

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks allot!

I meant the Option WWAN 3G Cellular Modem driver.

henry_UK
Visitor

Instructions from Sony

Double click on the LAN icon in the taskbar

Enable the Wireless WAN - this will pick up the new software & install it.

You will now be able to connect to your mobile simcard.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is it working OK now?

:thinking:

henry_UK
Visitor

Is it working OK now?

Yes it is working - I had allot of problems getting it to dial ou using the Vodaphone software - but it works fine with GlobeTrotter

EdKessler
Visitor

Is it working OK now?

Yes it is working - I had allot of problems getting it to dial ou using the Vodaphone software - but it works fine with GlobeTrotter

Hi

I've also done an XP downgrade and have got all things working well again apart from
i) the modem driver - I've done what you've recommended above, but can't get a signal. I've just put my mobile sim in the back of my TT-11LN/B. The Sim has data activated as it's from my PDA, as well as voice. If the software was installed correctly, would this work, or do I need a seperate SIM that is activated a different way?
I've looked in the Phone and Modem Options part of the Vaio control centre, but don't know which to pick and which disc it would be on. Also what does GlobalTrotter Contact do? Will it become obvious when I have the right modem installed?

ii) I want to create a back-up/recovery disc so that if I need to I can get back to XP plus all the office applications I've bought, straight away, rather than having to upload and configure everything again. Any thought on this gratefully received (it seemeed easy to create the recovery disc in Vista but not XP).

Apologies if I've not posted this properly, I'm new to this!

Regards

EdKessler
Visitor

Is it working OK now?

Hi

I've also done an XP downgrade and have got all things working well again apart from
i) the modem driver - I've done what you've recommended above, but can't get a signal. I've just put my mobile sim in the back of my TT-11LN/B. The Sim has data activated as it's from my PDA, as well as voice. If the software was installed correctly, would this work, or do I need a seperate SIM that is activated a different way?
I've looked in the Phone and Modem Options part of the Vaio control centre, but don't know which to pick and which disc it would be on. Also what does GlobalTrotter Contact do? Will it become obvious when I have the right modem installed?

ii) I want to create a back-up/recovery disc so that if I need to I can get back to XP plus all the office applications I've bought, straight away, rather than having to upload and configure everything again. Any thought on this gratefully received (it seemeed easy to create the recovery disc in Vista but not XP).

Apologies if I've not posted this properly, I'm new to this!

Regards

and iii) do i need any drivers fro Everywair or is this just a trademarked name for what is enabled by getting i) above working?