Laptop Overheating

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
raheem786
Visitor

Laptop Overheating

Hi,

I have a Sony VPCEC2S0E.

For the last 2 days the laptop fan has been running loudly and constantly, even when the laptop is just on the desktop. I don't really know what to do, I have placed it on a stand. I have around 7GB of memory left, i know its not a lot but i shall delete it, ive had 7gb or less (3 at one point) before and never had problems. So whats wrong?

Ive read about spraying air, but I think the air cannister for the screen i bought may be too powerful and maybe damage the fan, and I dont know how to open up the laptop. And also Ive read about CCleaner. Will it delete my files?

Also, the heat is spreading around the laptop, although the right half (disk slot) is totally cool. And it has NOT switched itself of...yet :S

I have also taken out the battery and just plugged in the charger and ran it, but its still the same.

I use the laptop for a long time everyday, more than 5 hours, but thats how its been for the last 2 years.

Raheem

Message was edited by: raheem786

12 REPLIES 12
peshyxp
Visitor

Its a relatively simple job to remove the 20 odd screws on the reverse of your laptop in order to access the fan unit

Have a look on Youtube since there are lots of videos posted on how to remove back cover and clean the cooling fan unit

I did it on my FW21L model and managed to extracts lots of dirt and grime which then made the laptop run much cooler without the fan kicking in.

If you get stuck just post here again and should be able to give further assistance

Keep us posted on how you get on

peshyxp
Visitor

DSC05308.JPG

raheem786
Visitor

Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile: I'll look at the videos online and go out and buy a cannister today :slight_smile: If that doesnt work, ill go to a pro.