Join now - be part of our community!

itunes library disappears

toady07
Visitor

itunes library disappears

Hi,

I'm a new user of sony all in one pc. Love it all but my itunes library disappears every time I shut down the computer. On one or two apple forums it says that this is a problem for Vaios generally and it says there is a patch on the sony website to fix it. I'd really appreciate a very simple answer from anyone on what I should do - I'm not a techie and need it in plain english!!

Thanks in anticipation

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi toady07 and welcome.

Vaio Media seems to conflict with iTunes. Both competitors want to use the same library and keep deleting tracks they do not think should be there! You either need to move the library or stop the Vaio Media services.

I think you will find the answer here: -

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8730117

You can either move your iTunes library then hold SHIFT on restating iTunes and then point iTunes to the new library location... OR .....

Stop the services "VAIO Entertainment Database Service" and "VAIO Content Folder Watcher" and reboot.

Let us know how you get on

:thinking:

toady07
Visitor

I have moved the itunes file and the first couple of times I've closed the system down my library has been retained. So fingers crossed you may have solved this for me.

Thanks