Join now - be part of our community!

Help with FW21M

mo1983uk
Visitor

Help with FW21M

I have a Sony FW21M Vaio and I seem to find that when I go on certain websites such as facebook, my browser closes, I have tried accessing this website on IE8, Firefox and safari and have had the same results on all 3. I am now beginning to suspect that it might have somethign to do with my laptop settings or something as I can seem to get onto the websites on other laptops with the same browsers as mentioned above. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Hi Mo1983uk & Welcome to ClubVaio,

We have the following possibilities :

I take a look at Firefox Support forums and I saw some thread's regarding issues about Facebook website using old versions of Mozilla. It's your Mozilla version up-to-date ?

Using IE8, I saw issues to get access to Facebook website, cause the Java & Flash are not up-to-date installed.

Firewall : you might be behind a firewall preventing you from accessing the site.

DNS servers issues, is solved by changing the DNS servers to: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

Proxy issues: I found a excellent guide here.

Safari : Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before (step by step).

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Ho mo1983uk and welcome.

I suspect the update to IE8 has caused the problems. I don't know if it will work but if it was my computer, I would uninstall IE8 and revert to IE7 until all the websites have updated their software to the new web standards - certainly Facebook and MySpace are incompatible. This may take some time so leave IE8 well alone for a few months.

To uninstall IE8: -

Start -> Control Panel -> Check for Updates -> View Update History -> Installed Updates

Then right click IE8 and uninstall.

:wink: