Join now - be part of our community!

Hardware problems/questions help needed

Megadeth
Visitor

Hardware problems/questions help needed

I recently purchased a vaio, i have a few problems which i would like to discuss. First of all, i am a guitarist and bought a laptop so i can easily record anywhere without the tangle of mics, but i cant find the mic. Doesnt the vaio have an inbuilt mic? Another thing is i use a nokia mobile and need to transfer pictures through infrared, but i cant seem to find the infra red port. Doesnt the vaio have an infra red port? Next i cant seem to find the usual LTP port, if not how do i print? i want to transfer files from the desktop to the vaio but the desktop doesnt have a LAN card is there any way i can directly attach the hard drive to the vaio with the existing ports? I saw this port on the bottom which has a slide latch. Please tell me what that is. Last thing, i own a sony playstation could you please tell me if there is anyway i can attach the playstation to the laptop and play all the games? And if yes is it good to play for long times at a strectch? It wont have any adverse effects on the laptop will it? Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
COOLIO
Visitor

IN RESPONCE TO THE PROBLEMS U R HAVING WITH UR VAIO LAPTOP YES U CAN HOOK UP UR PLAYSTATION AS U CAN WITH MOSTLY ANY MODERN MONITOR OR T.V. AND FOR AS LONG AS U LIKE AND IT WON'T HAVE ANY DIVERSE EFFECTS ON YOUR VAIO. FOR THE OTHER PROBLEMS SEARCH THE INTERNET AS IT TAKES TIME TO GET USED TO USING UR PC PROPERLY.:smileycool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

Most laptops don't have inbuilt mics so yours probably doesn't. Most VAIO's don't have infrared ports - I use bluetooth for transferring to/ from my Nokia.

Not sure what you mean by LTP - parallel? If you printer has USB input I would use this.

If you don't have a network card in the desktop it is possible to connect the 2 machines via USB although I understand it can be tricky to share resources this way. Perhaps burn the files you want to transfer onto a CD?

As far as the Playstation is concerned, I agree - it sounds like a fantastic idea to use the screen on the laptop to play games and "No" you wouldn't damage the screen; although I'm not sure about your eyesight :wink: Unfortunately, your laptop probably doesn't have a TV card so I don't think this will be possible :slight_frown:

HTH

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As DT says they don't have line in or IRDA --- or paralell?? Mine does.
You need a USB printer cable.

As for networking you're going to need a nic card in your desktop.

You can't connect the PlayStation to the laptop - there's no AV-in.