Join now - be part of our community!

FRIED? VGN-FS18L

bonsnoangel
Visitor

FRIED? VGN-FS18L

My laptop has always run hot - scaldingly so, I have the marks on my legs to prove it! However, I stupidly left it running on my bed the other day when I went to work... (ouch). Now it won't even turn on. Warranty is out (about 4 months ago) and I'm not sure whether it can be fixed, or indeed what is wrong with it... or how much its going to cost to replace any of the parts - any ideas please?

Is it usual for these babies to get so hot? My mother has a NR32L - hardly any heat at all from hers (I'm using it to write this!)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bonsnoangel,

Welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

The cause of your Vaio getting hot could be due to a build up of dust around the vents or fan, when your Vaio got hot did you notice your Vaio the speed decrease.?

I suggest you either contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-mail, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Or

See if a local repairer in your area can give you a quote for repair, depending on the problem/quote you may find it cheaper to purchase a new Laptop.. :slight_frown: