Join now - be part of our community!

CPU Temperature in Vaio CR21S

TMPinho
Visitor

CPU Temperature in Vaio CR21S

Hello,
I need some help, can you tell me the normal working temperature of the CPU in Sony Vaio CR21S/L.
I´ve installed SpeedFan and it reads between 74 and 80ºC in normal function.
The computer shuts down without warning and I´m starting to get a bit worried.
Thanks
Tiago

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tiago and welcome to Club Vaio.

I think 50 to 70 degrees would be more normal so yours does sound a little warm.

Passive cooling starts slowing down the CPU above 80 degrees and it will shut down in the end if you exceed 90 degrees.

Check that your fans are working normally and try to clear out the cooling vents using compressed air.

The C-Series Vaios had access to the cooling fan by removing a panel from the bottom of the Vaio but I am not sure if the CR-Series still has this easy way to clean out the fan.

:thinking:

TMPinho
Visitor

Hello,
That´s a god ideia, but I´m a little afraid of the waranty. Can I open it without having trouble?
Thanks
Tiago

TMPinho
Visitor

Hello,
I´ve opened the panel and the fans are ok, very clean.
What else can it be? Today, in normal working condition (Firefox and outlook open) the laptop shut down 3 times, it´s very annoying and it leaves no time to save the work.
Need help urgent.
Thank you
Tiago

MiRo85
Visitor

Hi Tiago and welcome to Club Vaio.

I think 50 to 70 degrees would be more normal so yours does sound a little warm.

Passive cooling starts slowing down the CPU above 80 degrees and it will shut down in the end if you exceed 90 degrees.

Check that your fans are working normally and try to clear out the cooling vents using compressed air.

The C-Series Vaios had access to the cooling fan by removing a panel from the bottom of the Vaio but I am not sure if the CR-Series still has this easy way to clean out the fan.

:thinking:

how about the vgn-fz11m??? do you know anything about a programm that shows me the temperature???

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try this free program: -

PC Wizard 2008

:wink:

skykit84
New

Have you got a compressed air can?
I fixed the same model last week though mine got complicated as I had to remove the heatsink unit
The problem was that there was a "piece" of dust lodged between the fan and heatpipe leading to the vent holes
Because of this, the heat was building up and as a result, fan went nuts before crashing/freezing

Customer has been fine since I sorted it out :slight_smile: