Join now - be part of our community!

Can't connect to wireless N network

TheChancer
Visitor

Can't connect to wireless N network

Just needing some pointers, have a new wireless network setup with Belkin N1 router, the Vista Premium connect to window sees it as an N type radio, so it is definatley an N network, yet the inbuilt wireless in the VGN-AR51J will only connect at 54Mb...

Have set the security to none, as well as WPA2-PSK and using AES not TKIP, makes no difference. Updated the drivers as well from the intel site, as it has the intel 4965AGN pci-e card, but no dice. Any pointers ???

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Did you get a wireless dongle with the Belkin modem as this is the only thing i can think of that will allow you to connect to the wireless n network :thinking:

TheChancer
Visitor

Nope - but there again - whats the point in having a touted N wireless adaptor (yes I know it is still draft / pre and no defined standard as yet) inbuilt, if I can't use it.... just gets a little annoying. Read a few posts on the intel site and other places all pointing to changing various settings on the pci-e card, but wondered if anyone has actually had it working on the Vaio, and if so - with what router and setting config... I mean - the router is pumping out 802.11n as can be seen from the this... . Anyone else had any such issues ?