Join now - be part of our community!

Black / Blank Screen

mlsred
Visitor

Black / Blank Screen

Hi

I have a brand new VGC-JS1E, just a few days old. All seems ok except that fact that if I leave it for any length of time I come back to a black or blank screen and no matter what I do I can't bring it back to life. The Disk activity light is blinking like it is still active but the screen remains blank.

I have done the obvious and changed the power settings so that everything is set to “never” switch off, no hibernation or sleep etc but this doesn’t seem to make any difference. The only way I can get it back is to force a shutdown, which I am not keen on doing repeatedly.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Michael

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Michael,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

There is a BIOS update available that may help..

It mentions the system may hang at boot/reboot/resume from sleep in some conditions when USB devices are connected..

Use the following link to find more information on the: BIOS BIOST4-R0201T4 update

mlsred
Visitor

Hi Michael,

Use the following link to find more information on the: BIOS BIOST4-R0201T4 update

Hi Thalamus

Thanks for the welcome. I tried the update but it said that I already had the latest BIOS installed.

Any other ideas? I have disabled the screen saver and that seems to have stopped it locking up. However it is a bit disappointing that I have to do this on a new machine to make it usable.

Thanks again.

Michael

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Any other ideas? I have disabled the screen saver and that seems to have stopped it locking up. However it is a bit disappointing that I have to do this on a new machine to make it usable.

Does the screen still lock up if you select a different screen saver.?

profile.country.GB.title
johgraha85
New

Michael, I got my new VGC-JS1E last Friday and it was a blank screen when I returned to it having left it for a short while to go for a mug of tea downstairs. Upon my return I just pressed the "Moon crescent symbol" small square button, top row to the right of the Delete button, & it came back on. This was a lucky guess that the moon meant sleep mode. I have not read any user manual or Instructions yet - Perhaps you had tried this - sorry if I have stated the obvious. Regards from John.