Join now - be part of our community!

+1 for Sony Support

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

+1 for Sony Support

As mentioned previously I have had a problem with one or maybe both of my hard drives on a 15 month old AR51SU.
After talking with Vaio support and running Fujitsu's HDD test program they agreed that there was a problem. They arranged to collect the laptop for repair. It was collected at
4-30pm last Monday. It was returned to me at 10-00am on Friday with 2 new hard drives and a fresh Vista Ultimate install done with their own discs.
As I have, in the past, been the first to complain about anything wrong I must now commend Sony for an excellent service. I was very impressed overall. It's nice to see.

Only problem now is that Vaio Update 3 (installed as standard on re-installation) can't connect to the website to update itself to version 4 and then update the software. I'm sure that's only a temporary problem.

I'm relieved that I always pay for the 3 year warranty on laptops as I wouldn't have enjoyed paying for the repair.

Many thanks to Sony.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the feedback, it makes a nice change to here when things go right.. :slight_smile:

Only problem now is that Vaio Update 3 (installed as standard on re-installation) can't connect to the website to update itself to version 4 and then update the software. I'm sure that's only a temporary problem.

You're not alone with this problem, I have a problem on newly recovered VAIO as well.. :thinking:

micdonal
Visitor

No problem. It's nice to be able to say that things have gone well.
Regarding the Vaio Update 3 to 4, I thought it was likely to be a website or system problem.
Actually, Thalamus, if you are interested you can still get the updates manually from the site. It's just that Vaio Update 3 can't seem to manage it. I've downloaded and installed all the major ones.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Quackers88,

hopefully VAIO update should be working again now, please check and let us know.?

micdonal
Visitor

Yes thanks, Thalamus. All updated and working well.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: excellent news.. :slight_smile: