Join now - be part of our community!

PS3 to Sony KDL55 3D-ready TV via Sony DAV IS100 to display 3D Blu-ray not happening?

profile.country.en_GB.title
themaestro023
New

PS3 to Sony KDL55 3D-ready TV via Sony DAV IS100 to display 3D Blu-ray not happening?

I have all the necessary equipment including the latest updates on my PS3 and Sony TV (Wireless Link built-in) and put a blu-ray in my PS3, there's a hum and whirr, then the on-screen message tells me that I need a 3D TV to see this movie, so what's wrong please, pretty please?

I can play all the 3D games that I have, obviously using my Sony 3D glasses and can also play downloads from PSN, including demos, etc. I assume there is a system link missing somewhere, but where?

Thanks,

John

7 REPLIES 7
Bravia55HX

Hi John,

got your pm, firstly which model tv did you get?, your message is a little vague, tell me the model and i'll see what i can come up with.

Andy

themaestro023
New

First, thanks for replying, second is the KDL55 NX813

themaestro023
New

Sorry for delay

themaestro023
New

Don't forget, I am trying to run this through my 5.1 sound system Sony DAVI10s

Bravia55HX

Ok,

do you have the transmitter for the 3D glasses for this tv?, if not you will need this, also check all updates are done, which i believe you done already,

And the HDMI cable, some say this is a myth but check you have the latest 1.4 cable.

themaestro023
New

Of course I have the 3d transmitter!! I watch 3D Sky movies all the time (channel 217). Have the 1TB box and Avatar, Alice in.., etc..all in 3D on my TV. Why does the DAVIS10 not send this info to my TV from the PS3?

Bravia55HX

Ok, dav is, is it a 10 or 100?, i can only soarce info on the 10 and that says it can only support 1080i and not full 1080p so unless im mistaken thats why you cant play 3D blu rays through it but there is a work around, let me know if its the is10,

also try this, connect the ps3 direct to the tv and see if the 3D will play then.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923