Join now - be part of our community!

HD Recorder doesn't record when TV is switched off.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Meddie47
Visitor

HD Recorder doesn't record when TV is switched off.

I have a SVRHDT-500 Recorder.  When I set the recorder to record something after I've gone to bed or go out, it doesn't record as the TV is switched off.  The recorder automatically switches itself off when I turn the TV off, which really defeats the object of a recorder as you generally record things when you are away from home!!

I have tried changing the Standby Mode and doing a factory reset on the recorder but nothing has worked. I have had two or three hard disk recorders and this has never been a problem.  I would like the recorder to stay on when the TV is off.  Can anyone help please?

Message was edited by: Meddie47

Message was edited by: Meddie47 UPDATE 15.4.2012:  All OK now.  I had another go at going through all the functions via the menu and found if I changed the HDMI control to "Off", the box stays switched on when TV is off.  Allelujia!!!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm happy you found a workaround, but in my opinion it's still a malfunction. My recorder (sony hxd870) has HDMI control set to On and switch off automatically when TV is switched off. Nonetheless it goes in standby and start recording whevenever the timer is set without any interference with the TV status...