Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tommysains
Visitor

Bravia Sync

Hi everyone,

I have a rather simple query that i am sure someone can answer very easily. The reason i am asking and not just trying is because both products are still in the box and not set-up yet (waiting to move house).

The question: I have recently purchased

KDL-46HX823  - 46" Bravia TV

BDV-E380 Home Cinema System

Of course both of these products are enabled with Bravia Sync so in theory if i set it up correctly the following should happen:

1 - When i turn the TV on the home cinema should also turn on?

2 - The TV speakers should turn off?

3 - When i control the volume on the TV it should control the volume on the home cinema?

4 - All this can be done from a single remote?

Are all of these assumptions correct?

If yes here is my actual query - the home cinema unit will be stored behind a cupboard door so no line of sight will be visable to the remote. With Bravia Sync will the line of site with the TV's sensor be enough to control the home cinema system too?

Many thanks

Tommysains

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SMFire
Visitor

You need to go to the Sync Menu and select Speakers as Audio System. This will ensure that the Bravia sync works well and then onwards the Home Cinema will be the default sound device. Also, the TV remote would then control the Cinema system volume and all other features. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SMFire
Visitor

You need to go to the Sync Menu and select Speakers as Audio System. This will ensure that the Bravia sync works well and then onwards the Home Cinema will be the default sound device. Also, the TV remote would then control the Cinema system volume and all other features. Hope this helps.