Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HX9V battery info display problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
baldev001
New

Sony HX9V battery info display problem

I just bought an Sony HX9V from Jessops and I am very pleased with the camera features and the quality results from this beauty. I have no other complaint but the supplied battery with the pack isn't a info-lithium battery and I went back to Jessops to check, the salesman looked in the display model they have was the same also does not show the remaining time which I would like to know from Sony that WHY Sony has not provided as they do with other camera's in their range.

Did anyone else noticed the same problem? please let me know.

Baldev

Message was edited by: -Cass-

4 REPLIES 4
osupics
Visitor

i have just purchased the HX9V (from somewhere other than jessops) and can confirm that the camera comes with NP-BG1 (the standard battery that shows only the bars of power) rather than the NP-FG1 (which displays mins of power remaining). why the HX9V doesnt come with the info-lithium battery is something i seen raised elsewhere but at present thats just the way it is.

baldev001
New

but why Sony has taken that route?

GoNz0-
Explorer

to use old stock and keep the price down.

baldev001
New

I don't think Sony is that desperate so have to use old stock. Selling brand new top notch digital camera which I decided to buy over canon, Panasonic, Nikon and Samsung to find Sony is using old stock to get rid off with new camera's instead of selling them on discount price to the photography and other retailers.

I just bought one of amazone for only £12.95 and that is a proper Sony battery and display the information I am complaining for.