Join now - be part of our community!

QX10 & Xperia Z1 Connection Issues

QX10 & Xperia Z1 Connection Issues

Hi

I've recently purchased an Xperia Z1 & QX10 but I'm having issues connecting them.  I've installed the "Playmemories Mobile" app and touched the 2 devices together using NFC.  However whilst the 2 devices seem to connect ok I'm left with a screen saying "Communication with the shooting device failed", even though the 2 devices seem to be working, I can move the camera and see what it's looking at on my phone.  Of course I can't take any pictures because of the error message that's in the way, all I can do is OK the message and i'm back to the connection menu.  Any ideas what may cause this?

Thanks

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Mikellew
Explorer

I have experienced the same issue.

It appears to be environmental, it drops the connection when I am at home but works fine at work.

I haven't figured out the exact cause, I tried turning off all my wireless equipment which didn't work.

rtolas
New

Having some issues with connection breaking too frequently on a Galaxy S4 Active and qx100 . 

Also tried with no wifi interference, with  no change.. 

It also started requesting the password again, with the errors.. Very annoying. 

After a reset it got better one time, but went back to the problems the second time I connected. 

Sony needs an urgent fix.. This is embarrassing for them. 

profile.country.GB.title
Mikellew
Explorer

It appears to be the Playmemories App.  I have download Camera360 and can connect to the QX10, although there is a great deal of lag.  I did read they are updating the IOS App, so hopefully they will do the same for Android.

lossy_lossnitzer
Explorer

I have the same problem with my QX100.

I use Camera360/Play Memories. I use an ipad4/iphone4 and a Samsung S4

The QX100 is not what I thought it would be either.  Looks like it needs firmware and software updates to make it work as a camera, not what I expected from Sony!

It would be nice with the software to have full control of the camera settings.

Lossy

lossy_lossnitzer
Explorer

Another thing with the QX100. Keeps on telling me the memory cards are corrupt. Look at it using windows/linux and it looks fine. So I have to get the images off using windows/linux and format using the camera software.

That really anonoys me especially if you do not have a laptop. Luckily I use my Surface pro to get the images off that has the same Micro SD memory cards. - Still annoys me. 😞

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi, are you running the latest version ,v3.3.1, of Play Memories Mobile?

Can you not access the QX100's settings by selecting one of the different icons displayed in the Play Memories screen?

lossy_lossnitzer
Explorer

I am running the latest in the apple store and google pay store.

To me buy letting everything be automatic in intelligent mode/intelligent+ mode appears a bit rubbish.

why show the ISO/speed if you cannot select

gardeady
Explorer

Would really like a response on this from Sony. Bought the QX10 the other today, and I can only connect to it with my Z1 via WiFi Direct. And there’s quite a bit of lag. Why won’t it connect via NFC?? I’ve tried everything. And my NFC works perfectly as I’m able to transfer files etc to my Tablet Z from my Z1. There’s no response at all when I touch the Z1 and QX10 together. I’m expecting a smoother experience with the camera if I’m able to connect via NFC. Would I be right?

I had problems connecting to my S3 when using PlayMemories Mobile. Turns out I must have changed something in the Developers Settings and it was this which caused the problem. Unfortunately I had also upgraded the S3 to Android 4.3, which hid the Developer Options altogether. This is how it was sorted:

1. Go into settings and setect More then select About Device.

2. Scroll to the bottom and tap the entry entitled 'Build Number' several times (I think it was about 5-7 times) until you get the message that Developer Options are again available.

3. Press return and you will see the Developer options are available (just under 'Date and time').

4. Select Developer Options and scroll down to 'Apps' and remove the tick from the option 'Do not keep activities'.

Once this is done, return to your home screen and all should be well. After doing this my connection has been rock solid.

Regards,

Graham