Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories Mobile crashing on launch, android 2.3

olofdevel
New

PlayMemories Mobile crashing on launch, android 2.3

Hiya,

I have just received the RX100M2 as a present and it seems wonderful. I was looking forward to using the WiFi functionality to transfer images to my android phone easily (my phone doesn't have NFC), so I installed the PlayMemories Mobile app from the Google app store. However, the app never actually loads -- it just crashes before it displays anything. The only thing I can see it doing is rotate the screen to be in portrait mode rather than landscape, and then the message

"The application PlayMemories Mobile (process com.sony.playmemories.mobile) has stopped unexpectedly..."

comes up, with a button to close the app. Nothing else to identify the app shows, like a logo or anything.

UPDATE

This has happened about 10 times, and I was just about to ask for help with it. But now I just tried it again, and it worked. The only thing I did differently was switch on 'auto rotation' on the phone before launching the app. I'll leave this message here in case anyone else has the same problem.

For any developers that might see this, this is what I could see from a debug log:

I/ActivityThread( 3829): Pub com.sony.playmemories.mobile.lib.upnp: com.sony.playmemories.mobile.lib.DmsProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3829): Pub com.sony.playmemories.mobile.lib.cds: com.sony.playmemories.mobile.lib.DlnaCds
I/ApplicationPackageManager( 3829): cscCountry is not German : XEU
I/ApplicationPackageManager( 3829): cscCountry is not German : XEU
I/OrientationDebug( 1478): [pwm] in updateOrientationListenerLp()
V/OrientationDebug( 1478): in updateOrientationListenerLp(), Screen status=true, current orientation=1, SensorEnabled=false
I/OrientationDebug( 1478): [pwm] needSensorRunningLp(), return false #3
I/WindowManager( 1478): Setting rotation to 1, animFlags=1
I/ActivityManager( 1478): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=240/7 loc=en_GB touch=3 keys=2/1/1 nav=3/1 orien=1 layout=17 uiMode=17 seq=6}
E/ClockWidget( 1792): getOrientation portrait
E/ClockWidget( 1792): drawDayText
E/ClockWidget( 1792): width= 50
E/ClockWidget( 1792): widthText= 46.0
E/ClockWidget( 1792): center

D/AndroidRuntime( 3829): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 3829): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40018578)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at com.sony.playmemories.mobile.common.SplashActivity.onConfigurationChanged(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performConfigurationChanged(ActivityThread.java:2945)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleConfigurationChanged(ActivityThread.java:3038)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1008)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3687)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:867)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:625)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3829):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/liblog  ( 1478): failed to call dumpstate
W/ActivityManager( 1478):   Force finishing activity com.sony.playmemories.mobile/.common.SplashActivity

Hope this helps any developers in fixing the problem!

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0