Join now - be part of our community!

Pictures Saving Sideways.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
totalmon
Visitor

Pictures Saving Sideways.

I have a cybershot DSC-T90 which Ive been using happily for a few years. However as of yesterday, when i take a photo it saves sideways. So when I view it on my camera its flipped 90 degrees anti-clockwise. Also when i copied the pics onto pc they came out that way. I guess I might have accidentally changed one of the settings? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi totalmon,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm not sure what you may have done but two options I think may resolve the problem..

First try this one..

rotate.JPG

Or,

Open the cameras Menu & scroll to rotate

rotate 2.JPG

If neither of those resolve the problem then you could try restoring your camera back to default settings..

restore.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi totalmon,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm not sure what you may have done but two options I think may resolve the problem..

First try this one..

rotate.JPG

Or,

Open the cameras Menu & scroll to rotate

rotate 2.JPG

If neither of those resolve the problem then you could try restoring your camera back to default settings..

restore.JPG

Mick2011
New

There is a setting for automatic image orientation (vertical or horizontal) which might be worth checking.

Go to Settings > Shooting Settings > Auto-orientation

If you find an image is still wrongly oriented on the camera display, you can use the Rotate function in the Menu screen to manually fix it, as Thalamus suggests.

Cheers

Mick

totalmon
Visitor

Thanks guys

After fiddling about with it,  and turning off and on the auto-orientation it eventually righted itself.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Michael

Mick2011
New

Yer welcome Michael, glad it all worked out.

:cool:

pusaqall
Visitor

Thanks for the tip. You can also flip it when you already published and saved it to your computer.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Michael..:smileyhappy: