Join now - be part of our community!

HX50 - Transfer images to Macbook Pro not working

alexph
Explorer

HX50 - Transfer images to Macbook Pro not working

Hi

I am using MacBook pro with OSX 10.8.4. and I have just purchased an HX50.    I have downloaded and installed the Wireless Auto Import for Mac.

When i ran the programme, I logged in to the software, then when instructed, connected the HX50 via USB cable. I get a message confirm that the MBP is set to the default device to receive the images from.

I then set the upload file location and ran Bonjour.

When I try and transfer a picture from the HX50 to the MBP, the camera connects to the network Ok but I then after about 30 seconds get an error message:

Connected to the Access point.  Cannot connect to the computer to be saved.

I have tried to set up using all three types of USB transfer.

I see on the US forums that others seems to have had the same issue.  Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this issue

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
alexph
Explorer

Update to my earlier post.

It seems that Sony may have a problem in respect of MacBook Pro's.

i have been able to set up and transfer pictures on all four of our iMac computers with no problems whatsoever, but it will not work on any of our MacBook Pro's, which seems really odd as many of the potential users for this function with be using MacBook Pros.

Perhaps Sony need to look at this issue

Alex

bjedvar30
New

Hi Alex.

I have exactly the same problem - I have a contact to Sony Support Denmark, where i live - but nothin happening, they have asked a lot of standard questions (Version number, OS, Mac version and what I do etc - questions I already documented at first contact 4-5 weeks back!)

I am om Mac Book Air OS. 10.9.2 and my iMac OS 10.8 have the same problem, so I think it is a general problem with Mac's OS 10.8 / 10.9 - some days my import is working fine others it is working as you descripe it!

I have found lots of Sony user, with other camera's using Wireless Auto Import, with excatly the same problem - IT IS CONFUSING that a big company as Sony is handle this problem as "We dont understand anything / We dont know nothing"!

Let me know if you have any succes 🙂

Regards from Denmark

alexph
Explorer

Hi

When I spoke to Sony Support, I 'requested' to speak to level 2 support.   I explained the issue and left it with them.   To be fair, they came back every three or four days for about a month or so, to advise that they were still looking into the issue.

In the meantime, i had updated my iMac and MBP to 10.9 and the problem resolved itself.   I am able to transfer the files.  The software is stil very basic, It seems to transfer all of the files on the camera, every time I do a transfer, but I can live with that.

The overall quality of Sony software is very poor - the software on the camera (as well as on the NEX5) is about as unintuitive and user-unfriendly as you could make it.

Will never buy another Sony camera again - 

Alex

Upgrade the iMac to 10.9.2 and the problem will go away on that - not sure about the MBA as I dont have one, but would have thought it would be OK.

Good luck