Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-TX30 Firmware for English language menu

SOLVED

DSC-TX30 Firmware for English language menu

A japanese student brought me a DSC-TX30 but the language is japanese only. The [. . Menu - Settings - Main settings - Language settings. . ] doesn't have an english option. Is there any way of updating firmware or changing this so we have an english language set. What software do I need to flash the camera via the Micro-USB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi McScotsman, The languages that are available are usually the ones that are used in the region where the camera was purchased and I am almost certain that it is not possible to add additional language packs, etc to your Camera.

@Agnieszka_J wrote:

I have however escalated your issue to Support and once we have a confirmation of that, someone will contact you directly.

@Agnieszka_J  I don't think it is possible to add additional languages but seeing as you are getting confirmation I wondered if you would be able to also update this thread with Supports response because I am sure that the answer would be useful to other people.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.PL.title
Agnieszka_J

Dear McScotsman,

I believe these cameras are locked to the region in which they were sold, so it might not be possible to add the English language option to this particular one. I have however escalated your issue to Support and once we have a confirmation of that, someone will contact you directly.

With kind regards,

Agnieszka_J

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi McScotsman, The languages that are available are usually the ones that are used in the region where the camera was purchased and I am almost certain that it is not possible to add additional language packs, etc to your Camera.

@Agnieszka_J wrote:

I have however escalated your issue to Support and once we have a confirmation of that, someone will contact you directly.

@Agnieszka_J  I don't think it is possible to add additional languages but seeing as you are getting confirmation I wondered if you would be able to also update this thread with Supports response because I am sure that the answer would be useful to other people.