Join now - be part of our community!

NEX 6 won't connect to laptop

OliviaLGR
New

NEX 6 won't connect to laptop

Hi,

My lovely new NEX6 won't connect to my laptop to transfer images over - so I'm hoping some of you wonderful people can help!

The camera connects fine to the internet to access apps and the error message I get is:

Connected to access point.

Cannot connect to the computer to be saved.

If I look at the Network once I've tried to connect it shows there is "NEX 6" under 'Other devices' - so I think it's just not recognising it as a camera.

So far - I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling all the software on my laptop, checking that the firmware on the camera is fully up to day, deleting/reinstalling all the network settings (on the camera along with also disconnecting and reconnecting my laptop from the network) and disabling the firewall (my AVG one plus also the windows one).    My computer is running Windows 8.  

I'd be very grateful for some help as this was one of the features I was most anxious to make use of!

Many thanks, a rather frustrated,

Olivia

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Bieomax

hmm ok, i'll state that i dont have a wifi nex, but at the moment it sounds like you are going Camera > Wifi network > Laptop ?

have you tried going directly to the laptop, so Camera > Laptop, as the nex can generate its own wifi network,  so there should be an option to turn on its wifi and then you'll need to search for it on the laptop and connect to it.

i think you may also be able to remote control your camera from a laptop/smart phone that way too.

here is the setup from the smart control app, which i'd figure is pretty much the same way for transfering pictures wirelessly

Here: https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/manual/IS9104-NPIA09014_00-F00002/en/index.html

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

Mark.

OliviaLGR
New

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately PlayMemories Mobile isn't available on Windows 8 (according to the link it's only available from Google Play and the Apple version) - I also searched manually through the Windows App store to no avail.

Any more ideas?

Many thanks,

Olivia