Join now - be part of our community!

I GOT A COMPLAIN FOR SONY

profile.country.GB.title
Hamzeh_photography
Explorer

I GOT A COMPLAIN FOR SONY

So this is the story, I bought the Sony 85mm 1.4 G Master lens before one year ago, it's a super amazing lens, it's my favorite lens of all time, and it was working amazingly nothing is wrong with it, and before around 50 days ago I was doing a modeling photoshoot and I was using my 85 G Master on my A7iii body, and suddenly the lens stopped respoding, I couldn't control the focus or the F stop, and I could't even focus on manual, it was really awkward moment and I felt embarrassed in front of my client, I had to change to my 90mm f2.8 G lens and continue using it for the rest of the shoot, I didn't get the results that I was looking for as the 85 G Master has a 1.4 F stop, anyway I tested the lens on another Sony body cameras and the lens is not responding, then I had to send the lens to UAE to Dubai for maintenance because in Jordan there's no maintenance support for Sony, one of my friends took the lens to one of sony branches at Dubai Mall for maintenance, the employer at that branche said that they'll get back to my friend in 4 days to give him the report about the lens, 6 dayes later no one got back to him, my friend called them sevorel times no one is answering, the day after he called again and gave them the details and surprisingly they're telling him that we need 14 days to give you the report of the lens and what does it need to be fix, I was getting annoyed at this point because I need the lens as soon as possible, after 14 days no one from Sony called or send an email to my friend, my friend called them again and they tell him we didn't test the lens yet and we need more time and we'll get back to you as soon as we test the lens, after 4 days later no one called or send an email, so 22 days past, we are still waiting no one is there, my friend called again, as usual they don't answer from the first time, he kept calling until they answered, and then they told him that they tested the lens and it need some parts and they need to order these parts from the US and when it's fixed they'll let us know and it's going to cost 170$..ok and then another 10 dayes past, again no one is calling no email, nothing, anyways another 2 days past and then they called my friend and asked him to come and pay to take the lens and it's fixed and ready to be used, so it took 34 days, after that I had to wait for another friend  whos coming back from Dubai to Jordan to bring me the lens, it took another week, and finally when I got the lens and attached it to my camera and guess what, it's focusing really slow, very slow so I direclty realised that there's somthing wrong with it, I turned my camera off and on again and then the lens is not responding again, so it's not fixed and it's still having the same problem... I mean why this could happen Sony, !! and why you are hiring people that they're not qualified enough to do there jobs in a proper way, this is not professional at all and i'm really not satisfied, Kindly i'm asking you Sony to solve my lens problem as soon as possible, either you fix this lens or to send me another new one. check out the link to see the receipt:

file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/WhatsApp%20Image%202019-01-29%20at%201.15.31%20AM.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Hamzeh_photography ,

@Hamzeh_photography  schrieb:

check out the link to see the receipt:

file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/WhatsApp%20Image%202019-01-29%20at%201.15.31%20AM.jpeg

this is no link, this is a path to a local file on your computer. Unless I am sitting in front of your computer, there is no way for me to access said file.

Upload the file here via the upload button or use an online image hoster like imgur.com

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Hamzeh_photography
Explorer

Thank you buddy 

profile.country.GB.title
Hamzeh_photography
Explorer

Here's a link for the pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DktFH1ipWvLnb93ZA