Join now - be part of our community!

Does NEX 6 have a touchscreen or not?

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
krasse30
New

Does NEX 6 have a touchscreen or not?

The advantages with a touch controlled focus when using manual lenses is great. Since there is contradictory information on "the Net" the simpel question is if the NEX 6 have a touchscreen or not.

Is there any kind of documentation that can either confirm it or not. Perhaps a manual or even better, a video or something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Krasse30,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

No the the NEX-6 does not have a touchscreen only the NEX-5R currently has this feature..

See Discover the NEX-6 for a list of the specs, etc.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Krasse30,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

No the the NEX-6 does not have a touchscreen only the NEX-5R currently has this feature..

See Discover the NEX-6 for a list of the specs, etc.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

krasse30 wrote:

EDIT:

On the link you posted I found this:

With a LCD tilt-screen, just tap the screen where you want to focus and it automatically locks on and takes a photo

Is my dilemma understandable?

All of the video's that I have checked do not show taking a photo by touching the screen on a Nex-6, however I see your point - let me see if I can get official confirmation from Sony..

krasse30
New

Do you have any documentation, link to a video or a manual or anything else that can confirm it?

There's lots of people on the net "knowing" both that there is a touchscreen and that there's not a touchscreen. I'd like some kind of proof, just to be sure.

It would be a serious mistake to sell the Nex5N if the Nex6 doesn't have a touchscreen...

EDIT:

On the link you posted I found this:

With a LCD tilt-screen, just tap the screen where you want to focus and it automatically locks on and takes a photo

Is my dilemma understandable?

Message was edited by: krasse30

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Krasse30,

Firstly let me appologise for giving you the wrong information, seems I was also caught up in the confusion..

I have been informed by Sony that the touch screen capabilities found on the Nex-5R are the same on the Nex-6..

krasse30
New

What is your source for that information?
Rumours has it that the information on Sony websites is wrong and Sony is working on correcting the information. There's also numerous persons that claims to be in contact with Sony representatives that says that the Nex6 doesn't have a touchscreen.

I'd appreciate if Sony could make an official statement whether Nex6 has or has not a touchscreen. Most of all I'd like to see it myself. That's why a video or a Sony published manual would feel like a more secure source of information.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

How embarrassing, I know I should have stuck with my original reply..:smileyblush:

I have checked with one of the Sony digital Camera experts & he has confirmed that - No the the NEX-6 does NOT have a touchscreen capabilities - only the NEX-5R currently has this feature..

I am so sorry for causing you further confusion..:smileysad:

krasse30
New

While you thought it was embarrasing this whole mess makes me only frustrated. Mostly because I didn't want to believe that Sony could be so stupid so they left out the touchscreen on a modell that's supposed to be a step up from Nex-5...

I'd REALLY like to understand how they were thinking, but I guess that wont happen, since they obviously didn't...

:slight_frown:

Thank's for all your help.

I owe you one:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

krasse30 wrote:

Thank's for all your help.

I owe you one

You're welcome..:smileyhappy:

photosym
Explorer

It seems to me, that having a touch screen on a camera with a viewfinder would be crazy.  It would be a total nuisance for the left eyed user, unless of course it could be switched off.  As they say, one mans meat......