Join now - be part of our community!

A65 Steadyshot

philhendry
Explorer

A65 Steadyshot

I'm thinking of buying an SLT-A65 to replace my Fuji HS20EXR.  One of the problems with the Fuji is that if I'm shooting on a tripod (as I often am), and I change shooting mode, I have to remember to turn off image stabilisation - it's set separately for each mode - I often forget, the camera gts confused, and I end up with shots with all the detail smeared out.  Is this the case in the A65, as well, or does turning 'Steadyshot' off, mean that it is off until I turn it back on, whether I change mode or not?

My other option is to buy a Nikon, such as the D5200, where the Image Stabilisation is contained within the lens, and is turned off by means of aswitch on the side of the lens...  However, for various other reasons (not least being able to use the AF in 'Live-View'), I prefer the A65.

I hope someone can answer this!

Thanks,

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
Bieomax

Yep, with the A65 Off is Off for all modes of shooting.

another handy thing is that with the Sony you can use the Minolta Af lens, also lenses with the M42 mounts can be mounted from a cheap auction site adaptor which if tis got the chip on will allow you to also have Steadyshot on the manual focus m42 film lenses (focussing manually is also easier due to Sony's Focus Peeking feature)

Kind Regards

Mark.

profile.country.GB.title
marashfo

Hi Phil,

On a separate note - Got a tip from a guy a couple of years ago. He drew up a small sign on a piece of card and attached it to his Tripod as a permanent reminder "Switch off Steadyshot"

A simple idea, but it does jog your memory each time you put the camera on a Tripod to turn off Steadyshot. Previously I'd ruined a number of photo shoots where I'd left it on!

Martin

PS - I've had an A65 for the past year and think it's a superb Camera 🙂

profile.country.en_GB.title
phprist
Explorer

marashfo wrote:

A simple idea, but it does jog your memory each time you put the camera on a Tripod to turn off Steadyshot. Previously I'd ruined a number of photo shoots where I'd left it on!

Great Idea! I am always forgetting to switch off steadyshot! :slight_smile: