Join now - be part of our community!

my vaio shuts down unexpectedly

gaihla
Visitor

my vaio shuts down unexpectedly

hello. i need huge help. I have a sony vaio cs vgn-cs16g and it keeps on shutting down unexpectedly. I just bought this machine last dec 2008 and i dont think its because of overheating. i tried the system recovery since the first time it started to shut down unexpectedly and after that it went smoothly as before. but when i installed a new antivirus and spy sweeper, it keeps on shutting down by itself again. Sometimes it doesnt though like now.can anyone please help and understand why this is happening to my vaio?when it shuts down,and i turn it on again, it shuts down right before windows starts.sori im such a newb bout this pc stuff hope find help here.tnx=}

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gaihla and welcome.

Do you get any error messages?
Do you get a blue screen just before shutdown?
Have you looked in the System Event Viewer Log to see if any faults are listed?
Are you using the same program or hardware when it happens?

What AntiVirus and SpySweeper have you installed?

:thinking:

gaihla
Visitor

thanks for ur reply blencogo. no i dont get any error messages, no blue screen appears just before shutdown, it just blacks out and turns off.i looked at the system event viewer right after i read ur reply. ive attached a couple of screenshots, viewing summary page events i dunno if these are the faults ur asking. i installed bitdefender antivirus and webroot spy sweeper when it started to shut down by itself again. i system restored it again and installed nod32 antivirus and it went fine. but last saturday i installed webroot again and scanned my computer, after a few hours after scanning, it shuts down again.={

gaihla
Visitor

can anyone help?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Wow - that's a lot of errors.

It looks to me like a problem with MSSQL Server and the SMS Database. It also seems that the Windows Management Instrumentation is failing to start up.

Unless someone else here can point you to the exact problem, I can only advise a reinstall of the OS using the Recovery Centre.

It sounds like this fixes the problem and it only comes back after some time. Maybe the problem is being caused by some software you use. What other software have you installed since you bought the Vaio? Are you running any Virtual Server software?

:thinking:

gaihla
Visitor

do u think its a software problem?nothing from the hardware?ive read forums bout sony having random shutdown problems because of unstable voltage supply to the processor.

Then i get the blue screen of death then it tells me to restart my computer in safe mode.   What do i do now?